Friday, December 21, 2007
I will be off line for a while so I won't be updating. I will update after with the pictures of some more gifts I'm finishing (like the afghan). I found a soft fleece blanket and thought it would make a nice gift and decided my grandma who's in a hospital type care facility would love one, so I found some yarn to edge it with as it comes with a whip stitch edging. I bought the Cherry Chip as it's a light brown blanket. It's perfect for over knees or when sitting, as it's not very long. But soft and warm. I started doing a shell type edging but may do a second row as it's not very curved. Not sure yet.
I have a few other wips that may become gifts if I need them. Another size 3 thread doily (almost done). I think there's something else, but we'll see. A dischloth started, but I don't think I need one... lol. I have tons.
I guess that's it. So everyone take care!
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Yes I did it fast. I started it the other night, worked on it at lunch and last night at the laundry mat. It's just 15 stitches across, all double crochet using an H hook. Very simple and easy to do and yes I crochet fast.
Here's a close up to see the colors a little better.
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Read if you want to, I won't care if you want to skip this post. Really.
38 things about me that you may or may not want to know.
1. Name one person who made you laugh last night?
Liberty, my female dog...
2. What were you doing at 0800?
finishing an afghan for Christmas present
3. What were you doing 30 minutes ago?
Playing on the web. shh.... i'm at work... okay not really anything much to do...
4. What happened to you in 2006?
5. What was the last thing you said out loud?
not sure of exact words, was on the phone for work...
6. How many beverages did you have today?
Some water some diet coke.... so far
7. What color is your hairbrush?
I don't know. LOL. I have one at home, one in my car, one at work in my desk... no not vain, just my hair gets messy easily... :(
8. What was the last thing you paid for?
Groceries on Saturday.... of course some yarn...
9. Where were you last night?
In my bedroom finishing up afghan
10. What color is your front door?
11. Where do you keep your change?In my wallet, cup at work, change purse for laundry mat, cigarette ash tray in car... and wherever else it ends up.
12. What’s the weather like today?Sunny and cloudy and very cold.
13. What’s the best ice-cream flavor?vanilla.... cookie dough a second (but no chocolate chips please)
14. What excites you?
15. Do you want to cut your hair?
I did about 1 1/2 months ago, so no.
16. Are you over the age of 25?yes
17. Do you talk a lot? Nope. Hardly say a word, very shy.
18. Do you watch the O.C.?No
19. Do you know anyone named Steven?No... well former corworkers is all...
20. Do you make up your own words? Not really, maybe sometimes...
21. Are you a jealous person? Not really, although can be at times.
22. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter “A”. Aspen
23. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter ‘K’. Kim
24. Who’s the first person on your received call list? Not sure...
25. What does the last text message you received say? "Payment received for cell phone payment"
26. Do you chew on your straw?Nope.
27. Do you have curly hair? no. not even when I use a curling iron (well a little)
28. Where’s the next place you’re going to? Laundry mat after work LOL... no traveling yet
29. Who’s the rudest person in your life? Brother
30. What was the last thing you ate? Twizzler
31. Will you get married in the future? Probably not, since I haven't yet, see no prospects in the future
32. What’s the best movie you’ve seen in the past 2 weeks?Harry Potter, order of the phoenix.
33. Is there anyone you like right now? Nope
34. When was the last time you did the dishes? Sunday
35. Are you currently depressed? Just sad. And sick. So maybe sad from being sick. Not depressed right now.
36. Did you cry today?No
37. Why did you answer and post this?Because I was tagged and thought, why not.
38. Tag 5 people who would do this survey.... have no idea (anyone welcome to .... ;)
This is the full picture fo the scarf. Yes it's long. I just did 15 ch and so I had 13 stitches across. I know my friend will like it for Christmas.
Thursday, December 13, 2007
A few things I've done this past week I haven't added.
This is another double strand doily. The center is from a motif and then I just did shells to make it larger. I used the same yarn as the one on the previous post and a Size F hook.
This is for the Crochetville Warm Up America square campaign. I decided to make one. Caron Simply Soft is asking for them and Crochetville is doing it as a group. I decided to make at least one for now.
Monday, December 10, 2007
Thread: Size 3 (can't remember the name, it's just one at walmart). 100% Cotton.
Pattern: Carina (link), changed last 2 rounds to work for me (the next to last round curled, so I cahnged it, then added the last row to make it look more finished to me.
Size: 14" in diameter (approximately).
Friday, December 7, 2007
Then last night I was too tired and just watched TV.
I did go to walmart and of course bought some yarn. Some Size 3. I thought to make another thick doily, like my Double Strand Doily I did before, but decided this morning I would like to make some quick snowflakes. So I brought that for my lunch time crochet, but we'll see. I'm tired right now, so I don't know... I hope to finish up some of my afghan this weekend. I have the DVD.
Oh that was another experience I couldn't believe. I got my cart at walmart, put in some ice melt in it (we're going to have snow soon and we have a bad gutter that leaks and ices up right by our front door). Then I got the DVD. Put that in the part where kids or purses go so it wouldn't get smashed or anything as I add things to my cart. Got some yarn, put that next to the DVD. Got my Diet Coke. Put that by the ice melt. Added some batteries, by the ice melt. Then I went to look at clothes. Because my walmart has such close clothing racks, I left my cart. Came back about 5 minutes later (yes took me that long, if not longer) and my DVD was gone. :shock: I wans't happy. I had to go get another one. I went to the back and they didn't have it because it was the special with an extra DVD so I had to go back to the front again. I just got one last thing, quickly walked through the magazines (no crochet ones) and left. I didn't feel like getting anything else.
Thursday, December 6, 2007
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
I work up at 3 am and tried starting the Shells Purse in the Crochet! Jan 2008 magazine, but it was very open and hard to work with an H hook and 2 strands. Maybe if I used Simply Soft, which is a bit thinner then Red Heart, and what it calls for... but it is open. But so darling in the magazine. Then I tried with one strand and didn't care for it. Then with 2 strands and a J hook and didn't care for it.
I think being half a sleep didn't help with any of my crocheting. So I went back to sleep.
I would like to try it though one day. And the Sherling Jacket on the cover. And the bead jewelry inside. And... LOL. This is why I bought the magazine.
I did do 2 purple squares at lunch yesterday for the afghan I'm working on. I was too tired to do much else. I brought my purple yarn to work on some more squares. I think I have enough squares for one more row on my afghan.
I think this weekend will be a Weave in Ends Weekend. That sounds good. Put in the new Pirates movie and weave in ends as I watch (saw it at the theaters). Maybe next weekend too with the Harry Potter movie. Sounds like a good plan to me. :)
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Not the best picture, and it must have been on something in the upper left hand corner... lol... but you get an idea of where I'm at with the afghan.
It will be 6 squares wide, so that's the width. I will, of course, add a boarder. Then it will be 9 squares long.
The square in the upper right hand corner was the first square and there's a little piece of yarn to mark it and the right side.
And of course, ignore the ends hanging out around the outside.... you know how I feel about those. Plus I thought I could do them while watching a movie on a cold day. Although I may start now as it looks like there's a lot (and there is). Not as much as there could be as I'm leaving a very, very long end to sew the squares together and that weaves in the last end.
Monday, December 3, 2007
Hook: Size F