Monday, December 3, 2007

Double Strand Doily




Hook: Size F
Thread: Size 10,
"Cameo" brand, 100% mercerized cotton, ecru (really, the picture looks white, but it's a light ecru)
Pattern: Idea from "Miniature Doilies II" the white one called "Decapoint" changed and adapted to fit my needs.
Size: 12" in diameter (approximately).
I came across my "2 Hour Doily" book which I don't like too much, and this Mini Doily book. I thought, hm, I may need these for Christmas as I've been slacking in making doilies this year . I love thread but it takes so long. So I decided to combine the 2 books since the mini doilies are just 1 strand and small (less then 5 inches). I decided I wanted it more lacy so I changed the last few rounds, added a few more rounds and finally the boarder. I thought of adding more rounds but was tired and decided to finish this.

2 comments:

CraftyAshley said...

Nice doily! I bet you just got that done in no time even when you are still working on your afghan. It is beautiful great job.

Michelle said...

Great doily, what a good idea to use two strands!

-- Michelle