Wednesday, December 5, 2007

A Short Hello & Why not to crochet at 3 am

Just a short hello. I haven't done much crocheting as I'm still a little sick.

I work up at 3 am and tried starting the Shells Purse in the Crochet! Jan 2008 magazine, but it was very open and hard to work with an H hook and 2 strands. Maybe if I used Simply Soft, which is a bit thinner then Red Heart, and what it calls for... but it is open. But so darling in the magazine. Then I tried with one strand and didn't care for it. Then with 2 strands and a J hook and didn't care for it.
I think being half a sleep didn't help with any of my crocheting. So I went back to sleep.

I would like to try it though one day. And the Sherling Jacket on the cover. And the bead jewelry inside. And... LOL. This is why I bought the magazine.

I did do 2 purple squares at lunch yesterday for the afghan I'm working on. I was too tired to do much else. I brought my purple yarn to work on some more squares. I think I have enough squares for one more row on my afghan.

I think this weekend will be a Weave in Ends Weekend. That sounds good. Put in the new Pirates movie and weave in ends as I watch (saw it at the theaters). Maybe next weekend too with the Harry Potter movie. Sounds like a good plan to me. :)

1 comment:

CraftyAshley said...

Your weekend sounds good. I watched the third Pirates for the first time last night and was confused. I had a hard time following the plot, but oh well. I get to be locked in the dungeon, as I call it, and sew in our back room this weekend. It is a dungeon because it is so cold and not insulated very well. I hope you get feeling better.