Monday, January 7, 2008

Babette Started



Start of the Babbette from the Interweave Crochet Spring 2006 issue. (And available here: http://shop.interweave.com/store/Bab...?src=KE011408A. You can also check out various websites and blogs to see what others have done [Crochetville is one].)

I thought I had done it wrong. Well I had :blush:. But found I could make it right. Yeah!

Note: If you don't have the pattern you may be confused, so read at your own caution... lol... So I removed the 4 round one and thought now what. I didn't want to remove the 2 of the 2 round ones, so I looked and looked on the diagram and found a part I could do and it would work better! I was giong to do panel 10, but then decided if I start with panel 8 and 7 (which is the 2 round and 4 round, plus 2 six rounds on the other side of the 2 rounds) I could make a square afghan and see what size it is. I would leave off panel 9 and 10 until I see what size it is as those would be last. The pattern called for sportsweight yarn or yarn working with a smaller hook, F I think... I'm using a G hook.

I'm not cheating, really. I did some 2 round squares and even 3 round squares for another 2 afghans, one that I'll never finish, I don't like it and use it as a lapaghan for myself. The other was the Tetris and I don't know if I want to do that one now, I thought it would be cute but didn't like my diagram (no pattern we had to make our own) and it wasn't working out anyway. So I'll use those squares.

RR

I am still working on this. I have 2 rounds left (maybe) but wanted to start the Babbette. I would like to finish this RR, so hopefully this week.

2 comments:

Cami said...

This is going to be wonderful when you are finished. Can't wait to see the RR when you are done!

CraftyAshley said...

I'm glad you figured it out. I still hope to find this pattern someday.