Friday, January 18, 2008

Bright & Lofty Scarf

Last night I went to Walmart and bought some more yarn for my Babette afghan. I even picked up a bright yellow. Then I was browsing the yarns just to look and see if there was something that caught my eye. I saw this yarn that was near the Light & Lofty yarn (Red Heart) and saw it had instructions for a one skein scarf. It cost me less then $4 for the skein. I had thought I should make me a new scarf every year, so here is the one I made for me.

Yarn: Red Heart Bright & Loft - Color: Beach
Hook: M - plastic (one I got on clearance)
Pattern: My own, just 8 stitches across... I started with DC and then decided to work some SC and then just kept up the SC and didn't frog... I figured no one would be able to tell and it's for me and I didn't care.

Yes it is a fluffy yarn, just like Light & Lofty, so I used a big hook.



The picture doesn't show how bright it is, so here's another picture of the yarn:

2 comments:

Terri said...

Very beautiful. Love the colors of that yarn. And it looks so soft.

CraftyAshley said...

Nice scarf and yarn. Oooo I love shopping for yarn! hehe