Monday, January 28, 2008

More WIPs (no pics)

Yea I know. I knew more WIPs (work in progress) like I need... well...

I had to start a baby afghan. So I bought some yarn on Friday. Started it that night. A lady is having a little party (not really a shower) this week. So I started a Round Ripple. It's coming along and I have 1 1/2 rows left to finish. I didn't choose traditional blue for the boy she's having and it's going to look nice. I thought I'd finish it by now so I didn't take a pic. Oh I'm not really following any specific pattern, I was hoping to start the ripple sooner so I just wingged it and kept going from there.... But there is a lot of round ripple patterns on the internet, if you want, just search. I am using Red Heart Worsted Weight yarn and a size I hook. I'll post the colors when I post the pictures (can't remember right now...)

But then Saturday I was bored and thought Micheal's is having a sale, so I bought some yarn. I decided to start the Heart Filet shawl (pattern: http://crochet.about.com/library/n030107.htm). I bought Red Heart (it calls for Caron Simple Soft) and I used my Size I hook. I knew I would prefer to start from the bottom, so I did. I used a too big hook (didn't have the written instructions, but just the chart), so I frogged (ripped) out about 2 rows and just did the big top center hearts. I wanted it longer so my hair won't cover the main hearts. So I graphed out smaller hearts to put across the top (abuot 5 small hearts). So that's where I'm at. I have about 4 more rows to go and then a boarder (not sure on that part yet, what I'm going to do, maybe that lacy one on the site, it looks doable on any size shawl). It was super fast! I almost finished it Saturday, it was that easy. I want to do more filet shawls, but not sure what patterns I can use yet (I don't think there are very many out there). So since I was almost done thought I'd finish it, again, I didn't take a pic. LOL.

I will finish the baby afghan tonight so I can wash it tomorrow to have it ready for Thursday. Then I will finish the shawl.

Then back on my other WIPs.

2 comments:

Terri said...

Oh, I can't wait to see the pictures. I'll be making a baby afghan for hubby's cousin in a few months. (She's not due until September) I am also doing that same shawl as part of the January CAL that I am a member of. I got a late start, just joined the group last week and started the shawl yesterday. It's the first time I've used a graph pattern, so I'm a little slow still, but I'm on row 9. The exciting part for me, is that I'm seeing the pattern as I'm hooking. I love it.

Sorry, started to babble. I do that when I get excited about things.

CraftyAshley said...

Wow what a productive weekend! Two projects about completed in one weekend. That is awesome. I can't wait to see your finished projects! I'm just working on my newphew's monkey afghan. Have a great day!