Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Blueberry Pie Afghan Started

I am working on my Babette... but I needed something to do at lunch that would be easy to do at work. My Babette is mostly putting squares together and adding some rounds to the 4 round ones and making 2 rounds ones. That I need to do at home when I have more time and the full blanket there to refer to.
...
I had the yarn from the Cathedral Window afghan that I wasn't going to do, staring at me. I decided to start a new afghan. I'm not really following a pattern, it's kind of a combination of several patterns. I just did DC in the round and used Front Post Double Crochet. Then I did the black in sc, hdc, and a corner of (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc). Here's a close up of one square:
And you can see from yesterdays circle that I thought something was odd....

Yep the dye lot. Aparently not enough blue to make a dark blue... just on the inside of the skien. So I guess I could use the circles for something else (coasters...)...

5 comments:

CraftyAshley said...

Oh man that stinks! Hopefully it isn't to many squares that are off color. Good catch before you attached though.

kylie said...

Wow that looks like it's going to be amazing, can't wait to see the finised product!

Laurah said...

Cute name for a blanket. Too bad about the dye lot, though!

Terri said...

Ouch, sorry about the dye lot. That's rough. The blanket is looking gorgeous though. Really love it.

Courtney said...

Looks great! Love the colors!