Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Pineapple Shawl - Cape

FINISHED. yes finally. I'm calling it more a "cape" since it looks more like one to me.

Pattern is from Celtic Vintage Crochet.
http://www.angelfire.com/folk/celtwich/PineFan.html (yes this is a thread pattern that I turned into yarn--thanks to others who have done this shawl)
eta: from Crochetville: You'll be happy to learn that she's set up a new yahoo group:http://groups.yahoo.com/group/celtsvintagecrochetI would bet you can find the old patterns there, including the one you used for the Pineapple Shawl.


Yarn: Red Heart Worsted Weight Yarn, White. 2 1/2 skiens (approximately 16 oz)
Hook: size H

I left off the edging, decided I liked the way it edged itself. I just sewed closed the top of the pineapples (you can see that in the 3rd photo below).

Front of cape:




Back of cape:
Close up:
The pattern isn't the easiest to follow if you've never done pineapples before. Some have even rewritten the first 4 rows. It's not impossible or hard, so can be done (obviously).

Here are the links to this as WIPs
Pineapple Shawl WIP when I started it, so the first few rows
Pineapple Shawl WIP Photo 2 more to the shawl/cape

UPDATE: I took this cape and put it over my window as a curtain... might stay (opinions welcome)... it gives you a better look at the cape too... Cape to Curtain (link).

4 comments:

Cami said...

Love the shawl. It turned out absolutely beautiful!

Riohnna said...

Wow, it is very nice!

Terri said...

It's beautiful. Simply lovely.

CraftyAshley said...

It looks great! Wow! Great job!