Here's my box of 100 squares I crocheted in a month in March!
Friday, March 28, 2008
Here's my box of 100 squares I crocheted in a month in March!
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
She does excellent work in her reviews (yes even before she did mine ;).
I decided against the black and white purse, I couldn't get the corners to end up right on that square. Then I remembered I did have one that I made around the christmas busy time (not sure why) and just need to finish it. And I like it. So I'll use that one and post it when I'm done.
I have tomorrow off (so I'll post my Thankful Thursday another time as I probably won't get online) and that will give me some time to weave in some ends on the remaining squares.Debbi
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
I finished crocheting 100 squares for the cancer comfortgahm! Now I have about 50 to weave in ends... still... I did about half on Sunday. I'll post a picture of the 100 squares when I get them done (then I'm adding a link for things I finished in 2008, because this is an accomplishemt).
So now at lunch I needed something to crochet and went back to my Blue Berry Pie Afghan I started a while ago... but then I thought I would like another purse... lol... and so I looked at the one in Crochet Today Jan/Feb 2008, the Special Effects one in the front. I like that one. Then a friend wanted to have lunch today (we meet once a week) so I couldn't start it yet. Drat. :) Oh and then when I got to work I saw my lining in my ripple bag was coming out (no surprise). So I guess I do need a new purse... ;) Or fix this one or my Blue Beaded one (the ribbon in the strap wasn't secure so it came out and was stretching). The blue one might be easier to fix though. So we shall see...
And maybe this is for the best, I can buy NEW yarn, I was going to use what I had left over (odds and ends of black and white, which should match, but not sure). So tonight I can get some new yarn for this purse and maybe choose 2 different colors. I do like the black and white look (the pattern actually calls for black and aran). Maybe I'll have to look at some purse pictures to decide... This will be more fun... lol.
I think that's it for now.
Monday, March 24, 2008
Close up of the corner, which ended up round, which I love.
Close up to see the 3 rounds of edging.
Thursday, March 20, 2008
This week I'll start with the basics and then add them as needed.
- sun shining
- health (not today, but I am thankful when I have it... just a bit sick today)
- a car that runs
- a home
So that's a basic list right now.
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Monday, March 17, 2008
Friday, March 14, 2008
I have 59 squares as of this morning. I would like to make 100 this month for the cancer awareness comfortgahm I'm sending them to. But we'll see. I don't want to stress myself out, so I'll do what I can.
This is a fun Crochet-a-Long. You can do whatever size square you want, in whatever color, for whatever charity. They add them all to see how many were made that weekend. They usually choose the middle weekend of the month, but sometimes it gets changed (holidays, etc).
So this weekend I'll be crocheting squares again.
Thursday, March 13, 2008
I have a few ideas of things I'd like to start, but not sure. I'm going to do the squares for charity at lunch most days and then try to break it up with something else at home. Yes I still have the Babette Inspired afghan to finish, but right now I'm not inspired to work on it. And I have my giant granny square. Maybe I should finish that one, it's almost done, I think.
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
I love the way it spiraled.
Here's a close up of the handles. I did them similar to the Color of Waves Tote Bag.
Here's a close up of the hat:
Monday, March 10, 2008
I did different patterns, a few. The white one was just the Puff Stitch in teh center there. I used almost all my burgendy, we'll say I did. I have very little left. It was a nice soft one. I did some solid ones, but they were done using a K hook (for a change). They were softer as they were looser stitches. I did a few green, a few blue a lot white. And yes, I still have ends to weave in on a lot of them... But that can still be done. I'm thinking I'm going to try for 100 squares this month for this charity, but not sure yet. I'll work on them for a while and see where I'm at.
56 Squares Total
Hi! I was tagged by Ashely and Terri here are the rules. Now lets see if there is 7 interesting things about me.
The tag rules are:1. When tagged, place the name of the person and URL on your blog2. Post the rules on your blog3. Write 7 things about yourself4. Name 7 of your favorite weblogs5. Send an e-mail letting those bloggers know they have been taggedSo here are 7 random things about me:
- I know Gregg Shorthand. I don't write it that fast as I don't practice very much. I started by taking Speedwriting Shorthand and then moved to Gregg. I learned the old, old, version. The 1930-1945 version called Anniversary.
- I've never been married. Not by choice. Never been asked. At my age I don't know if I care that much anymore. So no kids either (for me that goes in hand in hand even if it doesn't guarantee a lasting relationship)
- I sell Avon. Well "sell" is a strong word. I motly just play with it and buy things for me, so I'm not advertsing, I don't even have an Avon website (don't get me started on that...). I started it to earn money but then it became to much work for me in addition to other things, so I just do it as a very small job (and to pay for my purchases ;)
- I trained my dog who was a 90 lb Alpha male at the time. Trust me that is hard. Glad I started then as he's now 120 lb alpha male. He's a white German shephard.
- I like comfy shoes. Even if they don't look as stylish or even that great on me. I really can't do heels, and prefer not to at all.
- I can be a slob. Well I don't clean as often as I should and don't care as much as I should. I will never be labeled a "clean freak" (no offense to them, I think I would prefer that... sometimes, like when I can't find something...lol).
- I like notebooks and paper and pens almost as much as yarn. However, discovering the Moleskine notebooks have changed that as I don't buy as much as I use to. In fact, I check out Moleskine pictures posted on the web (people scan or take a picture of a page in their Moleskine) almost as much as crochet items.
I think that's it that I can think of that is about me you may not know.
I'm not sure who to tag, so if someone didn't get tagged, please say I tagged you.
Friday, March 7, 2008
I'll do more this weekend and post a new total on Monday (I don't get online much if at all on the weekends).
38 Squares total.
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
These were 6 of the white ones I did last night and this morning.
And 3 orchid color ones I did today at lunch.
That's pretty much what I'm going to be working on this month. Maybe put in a few other crochet items, but mostly squares. I'm going to see if I can find some other square patterns to do. I want to do a basic square type, from center out, because then I can make it fit for me. So I'm looking for anything smaller then an 8 inch square so I can add to it if I need to so it will be an 8 inch square. I crochet loose. I'm looking for quick ones too, because this *contest* is the most squares donated for the month.
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
These 3 shamrocks were from the Crochet A Day Calendar 2006, March 15. It was part of the tissue cover. They were VERY easy to do. I liked them. And since I was doing granny squares for the comfortgahm on crochetville, I thought... hm... I wonder. And this is what I came up with:
A shamrock granny square. I'm sure it's been done, but I hadn't done it before.
And I did 5 more squares (3 at lunch, 2 at midnight when I couldn't sleep) and added a boarder to the small one. So I have 15 squares for the comfortgahm.
Monday, March 3, 2008
I did more squares then that but at first I thought I did a TON not accurate to size. So I put them to the side. Then I started an afghan. This morning I checked my suqares and only 2 weren't very good. One I can add to and it will be 8 inch. The other is just too big. It's done in rows. I suppose I could frog it and redo another suqare. I may stick to the granny squares as they end up a perfect 8 inch.