Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Big Mesh Bag

Finished my BIG mesh bag. This is a picture of it holding my 56 squares (the 8 inch ones).
I love the way it spiraled.
Here's a close up of the handles. I did them similar to the Color of Waves Tote Bag.

I used Peaches & Cream, shades of Green cotton Worsted Weight yarn.
Size H hook.
I don't remember which pattern I used, but I didn't follow it at all. The bottom said to do 18 rows of sc and I did about 8-10, it seemed big enough for me. And then I didn't understand how she was starting the rows, so I didn't join like the pattern said and just did a SC in the first ch loop and then just didn't join at all. I did the handles different, so I wouldn't have to sew any on, this way you just work in rounds, do some chain stitches, skip some sc, then continue and the next 2 rounds are just sc around. Simple. So only 2 ends to weave in. I did do the ch 3 around for the mesh. Oh and I think the pattern called for hdc around the bottom but I just continued in sc.
ETA:
Pattern finally found... lol
Please see above to what I changed and why...

3 comments:

RusticOkie said...

I love that bag! A market bag in on my to-do list but I haven't gotten there yet. I do love those handles.

CraftyAshley said...

Nice market bag! It looks very nice oh how you did it your own.

disa said...

I love it ! Very creative ! That's actually really cool Thanks.