Friday, March 14, 2008

Charity Square A Long Weekend

This weekend on Crochetville is the Charity Square Crochet A Long. We crochet as many squares as we can from Friday thru Monday. So I'm giong to work on my 8 inch squares some more.
..
I have 59 squares as of this morning. I would like to make 100 this month for the cancer awareness comfortgahm I'm sending them to. But we'll see. I don't want to stress myself out, so I'll do what I can.
..
This is a fun Crochet-a-Long. You can do whatever size square you want, in whatever color, for whatever charity. They add them all to see how many were made that weekend. They usually choose the middle weekend of the month, but sometimes it gets changed (holidays, etc).

So this weekend I'll be crocheting squares again.

3 comments:

Lesalicious said...

Thanks for the comment Debbi. That's a nice thing to do for Charity you is coming along great. WOW 59 I think you will get 100 by the end of the month but, like you said, don't stress yourself out. WTG. Best of luck :)

sue said...

Thats a great idea Debbie, I dont think we have anything like that over here in Australia.
The last charity knit I was involved was rather dissappointing, created bag and bags of items for african orphans as did others and then to see them still sitting waiting for someone to collect from work is rather dissappointing. What you are doing is great. Ithink everyone in some way has been touched by cancer

Terri said...

You'll definately make your 100 square goal by the end of the month. Love the charity work.