Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Update

Doing better today. Thanks for the kind comments.

I finished crocheting 100 squares for the cancer comfortgahm! Now I have about 50 to weave in ends... still... I did about half on Sunday. I'll post a picture of the 100 squares when I get them done (then I'm adding a link for things I finished in 2008, because this is an accomplishemt).

So now at lunch I needed something to crochet and went back to my
Blue Berry Pie Afghan I started a while ago... but then I thought I would like another purse... lol... and so I looked at the one in Crochet Today Jan/Feb 2008, the Special Effects one in the front. I like that one. Then a friend wanted to have lunch today (we meet once a week) so I couldn't start it yet. Drat. :) Oh and then when I got to work I saw my lining in my ripple bag was coming out (no surprise). So I guess I do need a new purse... ;) Or fix this one or my Blue Beaded one (the ribbon in the strap wasn't secure so it came out and was stretching). The blue one might be easier to fix though. So we shall see...

And maybe this is for the best, I can buy NEW yarn, I was going to use what I had left over (odds and ends of black and white, which should match, but not sure). So tonight I can get some new yarn for this purse and maybe choose 2 different colors. I do like the black and white look (the pattern actually calls for black and aran). Maybe I'll have to look at some purse pictures to decide... This will be more fun... lol.

I think that's it for now.
Debbi

3 comments:

CraftyAshley said...

Can't wait to see what pattern you pick. I hope to make and keep a purse for myself soon. I think April will be mostly about making projects for me. Fingers crossed.

Laurah said...

Yea! Congrats on reaching your goal of 10 squares! That is really an accomplishment, like you said and for such a good cause, too!

Terri said...

Congrats on making the 100 square goal. I knew that you would do it. Can't wait to see the pattern you pick for your new purse. At some point, I will make a good purse for me. lol

Keep up the great work.