Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Cape to Curtain

I was looking at posts on Crochetville about people who had made curtains. Loved them. Some were even in Worsted Wegith yarn.

I was cleaning and organizing my crochet garments and as I was doing so, I came acorss my Pineapple Shawl/Cape. I thought hmm... I wonder. So I tried this:



Photobucket


[clickable--click on it you will get a great picture]Yes I obviously need a new curtain. I like this one, but I think I need a new one. I'm going to leave this up for the summer (yes I believe it's coming LOL). Then in the Fall I'll decide if I want to use this as a cape or make a new one and leave this as is.

This doesn't show the entire window. The "cape" almost goes to the bottom, but there's about 5-10 more inches. I don't measure...
...

What do the rest of you think?

4 comments:

Dreams Of Yarn said...

I love how you used the pineapple cape/shawl as a curtain. What a great idea. I saw this pattern posted on the "Ville and it is on my to do list. I have been looking for ideas on what to make for a curtain for my bedroom and after seeing what you did, I may have found what I was looking for. You do great work.

Terri said...

I like it. Very nice.

CraftyAshley said...

Very creative. Looks good.

Germasidle said...

It looks really great!!!! I love the idea of pineapple lace curtains.
~Shelley Staysik Germasidle