Monday, April 28, 2008

Sweet Scallops Shawl

This weekend was an off line weekend. And off work, I took Thursday and Friday off from my day job. I did do some things around the house but I mostly crocheted. I just took it easy. I started this on Thursday and finished it Saturday. I wanted to so I could wear it to church on Sunday.
Here's a close up:
Pattern: Lion Brand Sweet Scallops Shawl

Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver in White, 14 oz (I just about used 2 skiens)

Hook: Size J. I crochet loose, so I figured it would be okay.


I did do a few changes, but not many. I crocheted on the other side of the first side instead of making 2 sides like the pattern suggested. I figured I didn't want to do a second side and then sew them together. However, because my beginning chain was so loose, I had to take a long piece of yarn and kind of sew it up along there, so the first row wasn't so loose and open. I think it was a good idea because then it is reinforced and will stay put. I would suggest doing a row of single crochet or something to secure that first row, but that's just me.
And I would suggest doing only a row of single crochet along the edging. I didn't like the finished look too much. The picots on the bottom sort of stop there because the edging is done after the final row of picots.

I do love this. It is almost as long as the pattern called for.

5 comments:

Andrea Moberly said...

very nice! what a pretty wrap :)

Laurah said...

Gorgeous! I have wanted to make that shawl for such a long time. The stitch pattern is stunning - perfect for church!

CraftyAshley said...

Your shawl is gorgeous and it sounded like a great relaxing weekend.

Melissa said...

Beautiful! I need one for me to wear to church. :)

(((((HUGS))))) sandi said...

GORGEOUS! (((((HUGS))))) sandi