Friday, April 11, 2008

Thrift Store Find & Walmart Find


Frist because the way blogger uploads pictures... my walmart find. This cotton yarn was just so cute. It's pink, white and brown. Reminds me of Neapolian icecream :) I decided to make a purse out of it. Just simple. I just make up the pattern. Chained until it was the length, did a round of SC with 3 SC in each end, then a round of DC and then I decided to try HDC and have kept it at that for the reaminder of the purse. Using an H hook. Books & yarn I found at 2 thrift stores.
Magazine and leaflet only 50 cents, hardbound books $1.
Top left "Knitting & Croceht Patterns" I think all wearables. Top right, "Rainbow Baby Afghans". There's a cute corner to corner. About 8 afghans. Bottom left "Old Time Crochet, Spring 1991". Cute shawl and several doilies and a few tableclothes. Bottom right "Top Techniques & special Stitch AFghans" has some afghans using different stitches (tusion, broomstick lace, etc.).
Heres one of the pattens in the "Top Techniques & Special Stitches Afghan" book. It's a sampler afghan with a lot of sample squares.

And here's the yarn I found. 2 skiens of new RH WW. The Teal looks newer and in great contdition. 2 Aunt Lydia's size 10 and one South Maide size 10. The Teal was $1, the others weer 50 cents.

That's about it for today.

9 comments:

CraftyAshley said...

What great finds! And can I say I love, love, love, those colors! Have a nice weekend!

Laura said...

lovely finds!! and i love the books!!!

Snappish said...

Great finds! I dyed some "Neopolitan" size 10 crochet thread a couple of months ago...it was a huge hit! Have fun with your treasures!

Lesalicious said...

You found some good things. I totally love that Neopolitan color myself. Can't wait to see how the purse turns out.:) Good luck

Caroline said...

So much fun! What finds! Love the brown and pink yarn!

Laurah said...

Very nice finds! I love finding old crochet books at the discount stores. Sometimes they have intricate lace patterns that can be translated to dk weight. The neopolitan purse looks like it;s coming along nicely!

TracyLeigh said...

Don't ya just love thrift store finds??? Good job!

Aparelho de DVD said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If ossible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aparelho de DVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aparelho-dvd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Blue Ridge Mountain Girl said...

Great find! I love thrift stores, especially because I like crocheting purses and love using vintage colors and old purse handles, buttons, etc.

I post my finds on my blog as well!

Blue Ridge Mountain Girl