Friday, September 5, 2008

AA Round Riple Started

I bought Annie's Attic 6 Pointed Star Afghan pattern (available at Annie's Attic website or even through ePatterns as a download). This eventually goes to 12 points and then finally to 24 points.

I started it last night and here's what I have so far [all clickable for a larger photo]

...
..
CLOSE UP:


I'm using an H hook. Someone said on a board to start with a smaller hook then what they suggest (I hook) and so I did. Then I couldn't remember where to use a larger hook, so I just kept going.
..
The pattern also called for working in the back loop, but I'm crocheting in both loops as I crochet loose and that doesn't always work out for me. I am turning like the pattern suggests. This way there really won't be a front and back, too much.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Looks like you are off to a great start. I hope to get a chance to make one of those soon.

melinda9723 said...

Very nice!

Lorena said...

...and I want to try one of these next!