Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Scarf & Hat Set

I needed a new scarf for the winter. Well I didn't "need" ... I've decided since I crochet I can make my own new one every winter. I remember seeing a hat & scarf set pattern on a lable of Red Heart but wasn't sure if I had the yarn. I cleaned Saturday and came across 2 skiens of yarn and the label with the pattern! Meant to be...
Sorry the pictures aren't that great. I didn't even bother looking at the ones in my camera (these are cell phone pics), on the screen of the camera they were worse, really. Click on the hat one and you'll get a good idea of what it looks like.
[clickable for larger photo]
Yarn: Red Heart Supersaver in Cafe and Coffee
Hook: Size K
Pattern: From the skien of yarn. Just called "Hat and Scarf Set" or something like that. It's done in puff stitches using 2 strands. I changed the hat. It was suppose to be a bucket style but I want it close to my ears to keep them warm and it also called for dc which is too open so I did sc and then one more puff stitch row, which I flipped up.

3 comments:

craziebunny said...

Great looking set!!pretty color!

RusticOkie said...

It was meant to be! That's the great thing about crochet, even if we don't "need" something new we can still have it. Yea!

Marie Anne said...

Very nice, Debbi. And 'found' yarn makes it even nicer!