Thursday, December 18, 2008

Crochet Christmas Tree

Photobucket
[clickable]

Yes I made one.
I made it a few weeks ago but couldn't get it off my camera. This is taken with my cell phone.

I used the pattern just about everyone on crochetville was using
http://www.crochetnmore.com/christmastree.htm

I did change some of it though.
After row 3, I think, I decided to finish it off with one more row. It was taking a lot of yarn and a lot of time.

Then I bought a cone at the dollar store to just glue it on. I thought the silver would show through. Doesn't. It didn't go to the top, so I made up a top part and added to the tree, that's why the very top doesn't go out.

I found the orgnament, garland and star in one package at the dollar store.

My coworker who I made the stars for liked it and I think she was thinking she would like one. So hopefully next year I can find the pattern... ;) Yes I took it to work to add to my displays on my desk.

2 comments:

Marie Anne said...

I love this tree!

I'm going to have to check out that pattern and see about adding it to my list for next year.

Great job!

Crochet Goddess said...

Nice tree, very cute.