Friday, March 20, 2009

Hankie Edging

Photobucket

Photobucket


I decided to do a hankie edging for me. I use to make these for brides or others who I thought might like them.

I used a man's hankie and just added the femine touch to it.

I used size 10 thread
A size 8 steel crochet hook.
I just made up the pattern. I found the last round in a book I have that has reprinted turn of the century edgings and such.

Found the book: Crochet More Edgings from Turn-of-the-Century Sources, edited by Jules & Kaethe Kliot, ISBN: 0916896846, Lacis Publications, 1997, SC 144 pp. [another one I have is: Crochet Edgings & More from Turn-of-the-Century Sources, edited by Jules & Kaethe Kliot, ISBN: 0916896811, Lacis Publications, 1996, SC 144 pp..... and another one I have is: Crochet Edgings & Insertions from Early 20th Century Sources, Eliza A. Taylor & Belle Robinson, ISBN: 0916896803, Lacis Publications, 1996, SC 96 pp. ... I love, love, love looking at these books. ]

2 comments:

Yarnjeannie said...

Pretty hanky! I've always wanted to try my hand at these.

Riohnna said...

It is very pretty!