Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cable purse

Photobucket

Photobucket


Not the best photos, black yarn doesn't work well. I even tried a bunch of different settings on my digital camera. I wanted to make sure you could see the cables.

You'll notice the lining matches my cell phone cover... :) Handsewn lining. I remembered learning a long time ago to use 2 strands of thread when sewing on a button so it will stay on longer, so I did that with this lining, used 2 strands of thread. I hope that will help. My last purse the lining came out.

I have a key fob, which you really can't see.

Pattern: http://www.woolcrafting.com/cable-hat-purse-neckwarmer-pattern.html
Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver, Black
Hook: Size J

5 comments:

shana0923 said...

Love the purse!!!

Caroline said...

What beautiful work! Love your choice for the lining too!

RusticOkie said...

I love it! And the lining is adorable. Great job!

Sweet Mama Jones said...

Crochet cables...so cool, are they hard to learn?

Debbi-a1 said...

Thanks for the compliments.
They're not hard to larn at all. Same as the other stitches, just working around a stitch instead of on top.