Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Pink Socks

Yes these are pink. Not a real pretty pink, therefore I called them my "Umbridge Socks". If you ever saw Harry Potter movie, The Order of the Phoenix, there's a professor/government official named Umbridge. She's not ugly but her personality is. Her ethics are ugly. Her reasons are ugly. Plus I was watching the movie as I was working on the first one, so since I saw her wearing pink throughout the movie, it works too.

I did a cuff down pattern, but changed it. First I didn't like the ribbing all th way down, even down the back of the heel. I did try the heel but couldn't get it to work, so I did an afterthought heel. The foot is wide, too wide really, and maybe on another one from the cuff down I'll figure out how to fix that. This was my first cuff down pattern.

This pattern was from Crochet World December 2008 (the Christmas issue) and called "Firey Socks" (or something like that).

Used a Size D hook and some yarn out of my stash my aunt gave me. Can't remember the name of the yarn, it's old. I hav a lot, so I bought some size 1 baby yarn in pink, white and purple (to go with my purple yarn like the socks from yesterday.

Now the socks:
Umbridge Socks

3 comments:

DabookLady said...

I love those, and I LOVE pink....

DabookLady said...

going to have to go look for that pattern....love short socks...

Sweet Mama Jones said...

There's no such thing as an ugly pink! Even so, I like the reasoning behind the name with the Harry Potter reference...very cool. :)