Tuesday, September 8, 2009

International Crochet Day Sept 12

It's a Saturday, so you have a good day for this day.

How are you going to celebrate?

*crochet in public

*make yourself something

*make something for someone else

*charity crochet

*teach someone to crochet

*learn a new stitch, pattern, technique in crochet

*wear a crochet item out in public

*make a card for other crocheters you know with crochet applique (of course someone mentioned that there is all ready cards... joann's gift card... micheals gift card... ;)

I haven't decided what I'm going to do. Probably crochet like I do all the time LOL. I also crochet in public all the time. That's the main goal to get crochet out there for those who don't know.

*Maybe go to a cafe where you can sit and crochet.

*A park if it's safe, maybe take your family and you crochet.

*Plan a party were everyone brings something and you crochet while taking with people.

Please see Jimbos blog for more on International Crochet Day
http://jimbosfrontporch.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

RusticOkie said...

Good ideas. I'm not sure how I'm going to celebrate yet. I'm leaning towards crocheting in public, I'm thinking maybe a cafe where I can have yummy snacks too!

Nadine said...

i will be learning tunisian crochet.

Sweet Mama Jones said...

I don't know that I will get the chance to crochet in public, altho I do that alot! But I will be crocheting, for a charity item for someone else for sure. :)

Disneypal said...

I've invited another crocheting friend over and we are going to make hats for "Warming Families" and watch the UGA game together