Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Baby Afghans for Twins

A friend from church is having twins. Since I procrastinated and waited, I made these quick ones. The shower is tonight.

I used a K hook.
2 strands of Red Heart Super Saver yarn, one is green and white and the other yelllow and white.
I used the
Hooded Baby Blanket pattern from Lionbrand (actually bought the yarn but didn't like not pulling from the center). Since the pattern said it was in multiples of 3, I could make it fit for me. No hoods on these.

Two photos, one of the two blankets and one of the close up to show what it looks like. It is actually pretty heavy blankets, but would be great to put on the floor or over the baby when it's cold (getting to be winter here).

baby blanket

baby blanket

2 comments:

Mrs D said...

What a pretty stitch and a beautiful baby gift!

Sweet Mama Jones said...

I like that stitch detail! Very nice & snuggly looking. Congrats to your friend on the twins, hope the shower is/was fun - I bet these blankies were a big hit!