Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Sunflower Pillowghan Started



I forgot to post this. I started this a while ago and have been working on it for a while.

A pillowghan is 12" square afghan. One side is the complete afghan. The other side has a pocket of 4 of the 12" squares, the bottom. The top part of the pocket is open.

Here's an example of what it would look like (just a small version.) The S is the squares. The P is the pocket.
------------------
[ s ][ s ][ s ][ s ]
------------------
[ s ][ s ][ s ][ s ]

------------------
[ s ][ p ][ p ][ s ]

------------------
[ s ][ p ][ p ][ s ]
------------------


Then what you do is fold the afghan into the pocket and it creates a pillow. So a Pillowghan.
I figure the pocket could also be used as a foot pocket.


Here's a photo I took when I started, trying out the pattern and getting it to work.


Opps, here's the pattern: circle to squares afghan
As I've been working on it, I think I need more green. I didn't realize it would take so much. But that's okay. I hope I can get the same color, even if not the same dye lot (since it's in pieces, it should be okay).

No comments: