Monday, November 9, 2009

Brown Vest--Made in a Weekend

Yep it was that easy.
Because I needed a break from writing, I crocheted a brown vest. I saw a ton of drop sleeve type vests at a store last week and thought, I could crochet one for less. So I made this one this weekend. It's a very easy one.

PATTERN: Crochet Today magazine, March/april 2009. It's from the Verstile Vest. I just did the pattern stitch. I didn't want to increase or decrease on the shoulders, so I just did it straight. I figured out how many rows I would need for the front, doubled it for the back with a few extra for the neck. I just did a SC edging on it. Real simple and fast stitch.
YARN: Red Heart in the color Cafe.
HOOK: Size H.

A photo of the vest on a shirt and then a close up of the stitches

Brown Vest

Brown Vest Close up

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Looks great Deb.

Yarnjeannie said...

One weekend - I'm impressed! Very pretty!