Monday, January 25, 2010

Hat for charity

At lady in our church offered to teach the teen girls how to crochet. She use to teach Home Economics when she was younger. I went along as I crochet and teach the girls in church. She showed us the hat pattern she makes for charity. Lots of people donate old and extra yarn to her for this and she had a bunch. This was left over from my stash. She showed us a two color hat. I think partly if she didn't have enough yarn for someone and partly because it looks cute. So to see how it would work with a smaller hook and two toned, I did this one. My other one I started that night is still a WIP. We're going back to her house next week to continue with the lesson and for the girls to finish their hats (one all ready frogged and started over because she didn't like it). This lady who taught did an excellent job with the girls.

I used Red Heart Super Saver. Can't remember the color of the pink, the other is Aron color, left over from my sweater.
Size G hook
20 sc across for each row. Then sewed together and tightened at top.



Photobucket
If you've been paying attention to my blog and have a great memory, you will recall I did a hat similar to this in my Hat and Mitten post. That was from a magazine but pretty much the same pattern.

No comments: