Friday, February 26, 2010

Purple Puff Stitch Sweater

I liked that title. The purple color is actually Orchid.

I was looking through the 2010 Crochet Calendar and found two items. One was a post stitch cardigan, but I didn't want to do that. Then I found a puff stitch bolero. I decided to use the puff stitches in a pullover but only 2, the bolero had 3 puff stitches.


So I pretty much made it up. Basically it was 4 dc, then a (puff stitch, ch 2, puff st) in the same st or ch 2. I did 3 dc type puff stitch, so I think the last yo went through 5 loops on the hook. The first row the puff st was in one sc, after that each puff st shell was in the ch 2 of the previous row. I decreased before the center puff stitch and up to my neck. A few rows on the back for shoulders on each side. I just did it straight up on the side, no armhole or shaping on waist. Sleeves, started from the cuff, increased about every 3 or 4 rows (can't remember now) until it was wide enough around my upper arm. Sewed all together with a wip stitch. Edging was just dc except the bottom (decided not to).

Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver, 3 skiens (21 oz)
Hook: Size I

A close up:






The final sweater:
[click on photos for an extra large photo]

.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Very cute!

幸運之神 said...

錢,給你帶來歡愉的日子,但不給你帶來和平與幸福 ..................................................