Thursday, March 25, 2010

Orchid Ribbed Vest

.
I had some left over orchid color from my pullover (done in Februuary of this year), so I made thsi vest. You may remember that the teenage girls in my church were learning to crochet making hats in single crochet in the back loop, so I thought I'd made something besides a hat to show them the versatility of crochet. I did print up some pictures of some other items done in the same stitch, but this way they could see something first hand. I don't know if they noticed or anything on Sunday (I wore it then) but that's fine. I like it.

I was going to do it as a pull over, but then frogged to do a vest (wanted the rib stitches to match up--didn't still). Then thought of doing a bottom edging. Frogged that, it's fine the way it is. Then I was going to do buttons all the way down, but the first ones had a small opening to sew and I didn't have my thread readily available (put away), so I took out my clear ones, thought I had measured correctly but didn't. So I have 2 top buttons for now. I like it and may keep it that way.

Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver in Orchid, 1 skien
Hook: Size I hook
Pattern: Made up, just single crochet in back loops with missed stitches for the neck.




No comments: