Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Buff Cardigan

.
Just making it up as I went along. Started from the bottom up to arm holes, miscounted the number of stitches had to frog. Can’t remember when I started, some time in March.

Not my favorite. I didn’t decrease for the front collar and it bunched up. So I added the collar to it to help it fold over. Plus that added more to the bottom, which I wanted. Kind of does fold over. Keeps my neck warm. I sewed the bottom since it turned over anyway, but didn’t create the best pockets (however, it does hold my cell phone). I added more to the cuffs to make the sleeves longer.

So this is a house sweater to wear when it gets cold. My second one I’m working on has a decrease on the front collar and is longer in the body. But I need more yarn for the sleeves, I think.



Yarn: Red Heart Worsted Weight in Buff, 3 skiens
Hook: Size I
Pattern: none, just made up.

2 comments:

Tina said...

You are getting really good at making up your own clothes/sweaters! That looks nice. :)

Crochet Christy said...

This looks so comfy and cozy! Nice job! :)