Monday, September 27, 2010

Big Easy Sweater Cardigan in Purple











I made this to try out the pattern.


Very easy. Fast to make too.


I made the front pieces in a day. I decided to make the Big Easy Sweater into a cardigan. Wtih buttons (LionBrand pattern).



I'm using Red Heart because 5 skines of Homespun would be $25 (at walmart). Plus I can try it out and see how I like it.

The sleeves ended up really big,s o if you're doing this, just be warned. They seem almost too big, but they're fine.

Since this is so big, this will be my Go To Sweater At Home when it's cold. i had a store bought knit one that my aunt gave me and used that one all the time. It just happened to be purple too. Loved curling up in it.


I just did DC around the netire edging, one row. Except the sleeves, just left them as is.


To make it a cardigan I just divided the front in half and worked until I got 3 rows less then the total inches (normally the number of rows on the back, but I did the front first), then I worked the neckline for the front.


Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver, Lavendar

Hook: Size I

2 comments:

teakaycee said...

Oh.......... so nice!
you did a great job!



God Bless
Tam

Yarnjeannie said...

So very pretty!