Monday, October 18, 2010

Hexagon Sweater













...

...


..
...
...
..................................
This is a 6 pointed hexagon, fold and you have half a sweater. Make 2, sew together and you have a complete sweater. Yes that easy. And it's even easier done in the granny square stitch, like I did here. I'm tempted to try it in a more advanced stitch, but I have other projects to work on. And want to work on.


Very quick and easy. I made mine in 2 days. Perfect for a beginner, either in crochet or crochet sweaters!





I used my scarp yarn. Red Heart Super saver. A dark blue, medium blue and turqouise. Size K hook. I added some cheap buttons because it needed them. Wore this on Friday and loved it.


Another pattern that's easy to follow, it's for a baby, but just keep going for an adult, with a great boarder (I would have done it if I had enough yarn) http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/hexagon-jacket.html

3 comments:

Yarnjeannie said...

What a great sweater! I've seen the baby size and never thought about trying an adult size!

Tonya Stewart said...

yeah well I would love to see pattern and video but apparently domain is up for sale and well she didn't post link for video anyone that can help me with this my email is: tonya_stewart@hotmail.com

debbi said...

Bev's Cottage has a baby one that could just be made larger to an adult size. It's basically a hexigon and you keep going until it fits.
http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/hexagon-jacket.html
Hope this helps anyone who might want one.