Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Chamomile Cardigan in Lavendar Crocheted

From Interweave Crochet, Spring 2011, pattern :Chamomile Cardigan by Doris Chan
Hook: H

Couldn’t find the color I wanted in the yarn specified for the pattern, and I love the Bernat Satin and found a really pretty purple. I wanted a pretty spring-time blue, but nothing fit, so this was the prettiest, spring-time color I could find that I liked and same yarn size.

I’m doing this the Non-Broomstick way. I tried using a knitting needle, but the point was too long for me to work with and it was taking forever ( this was on the guage swatch). So far, so good. The Non-Bromkstick part is a shorter then the one on the needle, but that’s fine with me. Since I did it the Non-Broomstick way, I ended up adding another row of SC after the V-st & SC rows (so a Row 5 in the pattern stitch). This put all the Non-Broomstick stitches in the same direction.

I also changed the V-st to a HDC to keep the same size as the Non-Broomstick stitch and my guage good (I crochet loose).

I’m not doing the colar. I started lower down on the pattern. I decided I didn’t want one. This way I can wear a collared shirt under if I want or not.



2 comments:

Trudie said...

Where can I find the pattern for the Chamomile Cardigan?

Elsie

debbi said...

PATTERN: From Interweave Crochet, Spring 2011, pattern :Chamomile Cardigan by Doris Chan