Friday, July 15, 2011

Black Skirt With White Flowers -- Sew

I started this a while ago.  The July 4th weekend.  I tried to make this skirt and messed up. Decided to add to the b ottom so it wasn't so tight. I thought I saw something ilke this on the web somewhere but couldn't find it after I had started (I wanted to see if I was doing okay) so this is the best I could do.

I used 4 scrap pieces for the filler, sewed them together, pleated them. Then by hand pleated them more. Used my sewing machine to sew them on, I did the very top center by hand. Added a bow at the vey top (covers the mess).



This next picture shows the bottom, but you can't see the "bow" very well because it matches so closely.
It's a very short skirt, right at my knees.  I may wear it once or twice to work, but wait for winter to wear tights with it. 

No comments: