Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Honey Dew Cardigan

Started: Feb 11, 2011
Finished: December 25, 2011


Since my budget won’t allow for the yarn called for (although I love to touch it in the store), I’m changing yarns. I bought the yarn and then the magazine, so it worked out perfectly.
Finished the front and back. I didn’t overlap the front. I changed the neckline too.

I sewed the fronts and back together and trying to get the edging to work. I want to make the edging before the sleeves so I can see how long it is, minus one row, so I can make the correct length of sleeves.
I love the cross stitch pattern on this. Very open and loose.
The edging in the photo isn’t “blocked” I just took a quick pic. But you get the idea. I love this pattern.
Finished the sleeves, now sewing them in place. I think the lace pattern may be a little long, so before I sew it completely, I’ll decide whether to take off a row or two of the lace edging.

ETA: I’m on the sewing the sleeves to the body part and just don’t have the motivation to do it. Plus it’s not htat cold right now… so… it’s a WIP. Maybe after my Chamomile Caridgan in Lavendar is done I’ll finish this as well as a few other things…

ETA:
YEAH! I finially finished it!!
I ended up overlaping the front a bit because that’s just the way it went and I like it. The buttons are temporary (maybe). Just some I had in my button stash.


Pattern: Four-Button Jacket by Mary Jane Hall, Crochet! magazine March 2011
Hook: I
Yarn: Red Heart, color: Honey Dew

Close up:


No comments: