Monday, June 13, 2011

Bow Tie Bolero - sewed

This was the same pattern as my last top in the previous post.However because I wanted longer sleeves it ended up shorter. I thought I'd add a ruffle to the bottom but decided I really didn't want to. Instead I decided to do a bow tie. Then the material was too thin so I took a breakn from it. I had all ready cut the front and back out.  Decided to make it a bolero. Its not too bad and works over my brown dress.

Tan Shirt - Sewed

This is really tan. Honest. The pic doesn't show it very well. The lady cutting it said it looked like a heather and linen.
I used the same pattern from before: See & Sew 3886 using the back of the jacket for the front and back, cutting a little more for the front of the neck, but not enough, its a bit tight.  This pattern is easy enough I would like to try more. But I think different necklines if I could do that.