Friday, January 27, 2012

Cut A-way Vest

#5 sweater for 2012
Notes from my Ravelry page:

2009
Not doing. Couldn’t get it and it seemed boring for the body. Love the edging though. Might be a good mindless project when watching tv though…
Pattern here
http://drgnews.qtrop.com/sc.asp?a=8&q=7402&s=9057...

4.0 mm (G)

6 skeins = 1326.0 yards (1212.5m) although I don't think I used it all... when I find it I'll update.
Aran
3/27/09
I have up to row 32 on the back done. And it’s all ready 15 inches. I crochet loose, so that’s probably why.
4/13/09
Need to decide how to fix the pattern to fit me. Probably in one piece instead of 3 pieces. Need to work on where the stitches go as I have a back finished and its way too long. So in hibernating until I figure it out.
5-8-09
Redoing in another yarn. I think it will end up easier to fit. And look nicer. For the Harry Potter group. HPKCHC

2012
Because I didn’t see an end to this and not working on it and this year is my finish my WIPs year, I decided to just make this a vest.
But after much debate with myself, I knew I wasn’t going to finish it that way. And that was a hard decision because I frogged it a lot to get the gauge. And making the body wasn’t easy as I had to count stitches and rows. But since this year is Finish The WIPs, I decided I’m not going to finish this as a cardi and so it’s done. But it will get wear in the summer as it’s open and a light DK weight yarn.




No comments: