Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Magnum Jacket Crochet

Notes
A few mistakes in this pattern.
The Meduim number of stitches on the first row.
There are different amount of rows on the fronts and back.
I didn’t realize it was SUPER bulky. So it ended up smaller (especially the arm opening since I didn’t read the back directions and that there were suppose to be more rows). So I added some to the bottom and front. I figured since it was going in all directions, this would just add to it.
I started the sleeve and then wanted to see if I could make it longer and wider with front rows, so I took it out. Since it’s smaller and I want a “almost no seam” sweater, I’m going to work the sleeves onto the sweater and work down. Since my arm openings are so small (but not too tight, thankfully) I won’t need to decrease, but maybe at the last row for a tighter “cuff”.
This could take a weekend to make, like they say, if you sit and crochet it. I didn’t crochet as much as I usually do and I started it late Saturday, so it’s taking longer.

September 11 2010
January 7 2012

FINISHED.
Have no idea why it took me so long to finish this thing. Pictures up soon.

Pattern:
15.0 mm (P/Q)
4 skeins = 436.0 yards (398.7m)
off white

First sweater for 2012 completed.

1 comment:

Lorena A.Jackson said...

Wow, awesome weblog format! How long have you been blogging for? you make blogging look easy. The entire look of your web site is great, neatly as} the content!
Winsome Wood Single TV Tables, Rectangular, Natural, Set of 4