Monday, March 19, 2012

First Pair of Pants - Sewing

These are my first pair of pants.  The picture isn't that great, but the sun went down as I was finishing them. They're actually more green.  I didn't realize they were going to have that wide of a leg!  It was the 99 cent pattern at walmart Simplicity 2012 .  This was just a cheap polyster I found at a thrift store (not quite the 70's poly, but close).  I thought I could make them to wear when I do cleaning when I don't want to even wear my bad pants.  I added pockets to them because I like pockets, and just used the same one I use for my skirts.




I love were the waist sits, since it's a "below the waist" pattern.  And I have a low waist.

However, the legs need to be tapered in.  Not sure how to do that.  I wonder if I could use another pattern for the legs and the top from this pattern.  Ideas? Links?

Just a note, after I took the pic, I sat down to upload to flickr and they are sooo comfortable.  I didn't want to change out of them.

This is my #3 clothing item for 2012.  I'm on schedule and hope to stay (actually get ahead, I found some cute material for a skirt and it's all washed and ready to cut).

ETA (3-20-12):
I thought of something this morning.  I wonder if I could take the top part and a bottom part of another pant pattern I have or even just draw a line down a line of Tru-Grid Graph Material I have.  This is great material, has 1" grid lines and can be used again (better then tissue).  I got mine on Joann.com with a 50% off coupon. 
Here's a picture of what I mean or you can check it out at Joanns.com HERE (check elsewhere for discounts or use a coupon, it's worth it at full price, but I always like deals).
I added a piece of material under this hoping to get a better picture.  This was a piece I had cut out my pocket pattern for, so you can see my ink lines on it.

No comments: