Thursday, September 20, 2012

Fabric Thrift Store Find

I think I scored when I found this last night at a thrift store in a bag for only $2.99 (US dollars).  At first I thought, oh good some Christmas fabric I can use to make bags out of.  Last year I was thinking it would be a good idea to make fabric gift bags.  Didn't as I was still learning to sew, but I might try a few this year.

Pulling out the fabric, I found these (I unfolded them to get them ready to wash):


I realized there were a lot of little pieces, so I'm thinking: Christmas Quilt.  There is a lot of red, so maybe a green to boarder some smaller squares...

Then I found these 4 pieces that were a good 1/2 yard or more.  These could be used for outside of the bag. The angel one has the most fabric.



Then I saw something that looked like you cut it out to make something.  A pattern on material.

I found this:



Yep a great big stocking.  It's 26 inches tall.  There's two sides, so both are printed with the same teddy bear print. 

I'm thinking maybe I could make a pillow out of it.  A big pillow.  Like half a body pillow. Other then that it would just hang on the wall.  But getting under a warm blanket and having this, would make watching a movie on a snowy night that much better.

No comments: