Tuesday, January 22, 2013

January SAL-- Skirt

On Ralvery's board Sew Obsessed we're doing a year a long Sew A Long and each mine is a new clothing item. January is a skirt. Of course people can make anything they want just as long as they stretch their skills. Mine is making more then skirts and the same pattern skirt.

This is a variation on Simplicity 1784. I didn't want to do a zipper as my weight flutchuates and so I need elastic waist, so I had to adjust the pattern . I also didn't like that the center piece was wider then the side pieces, so I did all 6 gores the same size. I also added pockets. I took a picture with a tape measure to show the bottom is 19 inches.

Several pics below.
Here's a link to the pattern if you're interested to see it: 1784 Sewing Pattern

The skirt is the lighter brown color.





No comments: