Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Quilted Bag-- Sewn-- Image Heavy

I decided I needed to practice larger sections for free motion quilting, so I decided to do a bag. I also thought it might be a good idea to follow a printed pattern on the fabric.  Although I have some really cute fabric I would like to do a bag out of and will probable do that.

I used the pattern from Quilters Almanac 2011 magazine, but changed it of course.
Mine ended up 13 inches wide by 13 1/2 inches tall. I didn't measure the straps but they're long and I like that.

The front is quilted just to the batting. The brown lining is cotton from my brown wrap skirt I wore once, didn't like, and washed to
reuse the fabric. I will make another wrap skirt, but make it different.

Now all the pics...



Below shows before it was quilted:






No comments: