Tuesday, April 2, 2013

April SAL Plans

My March SAL (sew-a-long) didn't happen because I was doing a charity sewing project for my church.

I'm ready for April though.

April is to sew some PJ's.  I'm going to do some bottoms (I think most are on Ralvery).  I choose a print I have in my stash.  I was going to make a skirt with this print, but then I decided it would be cuter in PJ bottoms.  I had the pattern. I'm going to do the long PJs.  It's a unisex pattern.



These are both thrift store finds. I can't remember the price on the material as I bought it over a year ago. The pattern was 50 cents (love those prices)--uncut.

The pattern is very easy.  Front, back, pockets.  Yep it has side slit pockets.  If it didn't, I was going to add them anyway.  Elastic waist and simple fold over hem for the bottom.  I read the pattern the other night.  The bottoms are cotton (or similar) material. The top is a knit, so I won't do that now.  Another SAL is a knit top and I have material and pattern ready for that.

I discovered I did not have any purple thread.  I couldn't believe it.  Last night I found two that looked like they would match and one will.  I used a picture on my cell phone since I hadn't cut out the pattern yet.  Normally I would take a piece of scrap material (had to do that once when I couldn't find the thread I bought).

If anyone else has done PJ bottoms before, put a link in the comments and let me see.  I would love to.  yes I've done pants before (2 including 1 muslin), but I still like inspiration.

No comments: