Saturday, April 27, 2013

Sewed White Knit Fabric Top

My May SAL is to sew a knit top. I decided to try something very simple to get ahead.
I found this pattern at walmart as well as this white knit travel material. This is a very easy top. Front piece, back piece, neck band.
This was a good first piece.
I learned to use 2 different stitches. A 3 step zig-zag and a 3 stitch straight stitch. I used the 3 step zig-zag for the shoulder and side seams. I used the 3 stitch straight stitch for the neck and hemming.
I didn't do very well on the neck, so I added a stitch to the top.
Then I tried it on. It was almost falling off my shoulders and remember someone on Ralvery mentioning that I probably have narrow shoulders since this happens with RTW tops. So I did a fold and stitched it to fit. My next piece will be 2 backs. The fold at the under arms is just the way it looks with my arms down.
I don't know what happened with the hem. Maybe too wide and should have been more narrow.
This is a white fabric.
New Look A6216 pattern.

No comments: