Saturday, October 19, 2013

Fleece Mittens , Sewing

Found this pattern, Simplicity 9781, at a thrift store. Didn't realize it was just for kids. But the mitten Patten was huge. I finally cut it a size small, them made more of a thumb.

 Used a cheap $3 Target blanket. I want to make the slippers, and yes they fit me. As you can tell from past posts, I'm not tiny or petite. I'm 5'6".

it's hard to see in the picture, but in the upper right hand corner is a boy (who doesn't look happy) and I thought that hat could make a Santa hat (without fringe).

I liked the pattern, but the easiest way to make some would be to out line your hand. Leave extra for a seam allowance. They used elastic on the inside for the wrist. It's not covered up, so a casing might be an idea. Also could do a pull string.  Or use a stretch fleece.  This was not stretch fleece.

I used my overcast stitch for the edging of the cuff. 
..

No comments: