Monday, May 19, 2014

Summer PJ Capri Bottoms - Sewing

Finished these this past weekend. 
This is for a May SAL - Summer Item

Used a sheet I bought at Walmart to try out patterns with and I wanted to try out this one. If you saw my capri's from last year, they ended up huge on me. So I made these as a "muslin". I like the pattern. I prefer the legs to be a bit more wide, but these are good too.  I also want to try pockets in one, but my second pair, in process, I just made the same to get use to the pattern.
Yes they're PJ's, yes I'm wearing shoes. Habit to wear shoes. But I can see what they would look like with shoes if I make a pair to wear outside (I'm on my second PJ capris though because I need these for summer and they are so easy). 

I had to unpick the waist band because I didn't get the pattern. The pattern showed 3 steps in one. I was confused.  I consulted my Reader's Digest Complete Guide to Sewing, and if I had followed what I thought was correct, I would have been fine. 

This isn't even all the thread taken out.


The pattern I used, Simplicity 2188. Just a note, every pattern, but the outside of the vest, uses less then 2 yards of fabric. Love bargains like this. But the skirt is shorter. Might be cute in the winter with leggings or sweater tights under it. I don't like short skirts. 

No comments: