Finished these this past weekend. This is for a May SAL - Summer Item Used a sheet I bought at Walmart to try out patterns with and I wanted to try out this one. If you saw my capri's from last year, they ended up huge on me. So I made these as a "muslin". I like the pattern. I prefer the legs to be a bit more wide, but these are good too. I also want to try pockets in one, but my second pair, in process, I just made the same to get use to the pattern.
Yes they're PJ's, yes I'm wearing shoes. Habit to wear shoes. But I can see what they would look like with shoes if I make a pair to wear outside (I'm on my second PJ capris though because I need these for summer and they are so easy).
I had to unpick the waist band because I didn't get the pattern. The pattern showed 3 steps in one. I was confused. I consulted my Reader's Digest Complete Guide to Sewing, and if I had followed what I thought was correct, I would have been fine.
This isn't even all the thread taken out.
The pattern I used, Simplicity 2188. Just a note, every pattern, but the outside of the vest, uses less then 2 yards of fabric. Love bargains like this. But the skirt is shorter. Might be cute in the winter with leggings or sweater tights under it. I don't like short skirts.
I saw a cute one on Pinterest and tried to copy it without looking at the pattern.
I took 2 pieces of scrap material, sewed it together, cut off the extra length. I sewed the sides together with the elastic, but had to unpick that. The case was a bit too wide to hold the ear buds securely.
So I used the top I cut off and used that as a bag for the ear buds. I sewed the elastic to the outside stretching it a bit this time, but probably should have been on the inside of the ear bud bag. Yes I purposely used the inside fabric for the ear bud bag.
Still very usable. Just need to work on the next version...