Sunday, May 31, 2015

Embroidery Sampler Stitches

If you decided to start this here are some tips I found by doing.

--Make a boarder. This way you will know where to stitch and if your fabric is pulled slightly off, you will know what is straight. I did the stem stich for the boarder.

--You can start anywhere, but if you'd like to see an improvement,  start in the upper left hand corner.  Of course is more fun to just stich anywhere. Plus you can challenge yourself to fill in open spaces.

--I used the Frixion erasable pen because you can iron off the ink from the fabric.

--Try some with a guide of a pen, then without.

--Use different colors for same stitches.

--Add color to stitches competed.  Gives a different look and it's fun to see it evolve.

--Leave mistakes, but feel free to add some other dominant stitches. You're leaning and it'll show improvement.






The stitches on this part were bad, except the cross stitch.  I was trying a new stitch on the red and couldn't get the hang of it, so I tried something else and it didn't work either. 
The green boarder stitch, I tried to add another color next to it (blue) but it didn't work out the way I thought it would. I added a yellow to make it look more like a ladder stitch with different colors. 
Really this picture is just to show the pen and the marking I did on the fabric.

No comments: